- Google Buys Pyra/Blogger.com
- Mothership site for the Blogosphere event:
- Reverse Cowgirl’s Photos:
- Pyra’s CEO Ev, on his personal blog, on the story:
- Smart Thoughts on Trackbacks, referers, and other interesting stuff Google can look at when evaluating breaking news. This is the smartest take yet. Google can sift through new blog entries for hot news in really *interesting* ways now. The theory is that Google is building the Memex. All collected human knowledge, instantaneously, and in some way they get access to this in blogger.
- It’s a little like DejaNews getting bought, but mostly not, and also, does this relegate non-blogger blogs to 2nd Class citizenship:
- The inevitable MetaFilter thread:
- Doc, on the whole thing – good links and links to pages with links:
- The New York Times story:
- Informal Corporate Motto for Google: Don’t be evil (from November)
- Audio Blog, now slashdotted/blogdotted…
- You know, pyRads and AdWords are very similar:
- Kottke calls it “Blogging’s Netscape IPO”
(which is actually a compliment, I think)
- The story in brief on Internet News:
- Tony Pierce on how cool as a cuke Ev is:
- Still no news here:
- Tony Pierce, on who really broke the story anyway?
- Kottke has a cute visual take:
- And my own brief thoughts embedded here:
Comments Open; Trackbacks Open.