March 10th, 2003
Links for a Late Night Monday / Early Morning Tuesday
- MAS says: OneCore stinks! stupid, funny Catch-22 for online banking for local blogger – I hope this gets sorted out
- Carter weighs in on “Pre-emptive War”
- Bush Sr warning over unilateral action
- Bush to Bush: Son, let’s talk about “diplomacy” — I feel like you’re old enough
- new lab item: Ways to break a lock on an Access Database with Cold Fusion
- I need to get a cellphone. I’m thinking of ditching the regular land-line. What’s the cheapest phone plan? I hear pre-paid is the way to go for “frugal” solutions. With the right plan (I think) I can spend what I’m spending now on a regular phone, but have it be mobile.
- Priceless! 10 years ago, who knew what his code would do: For Andreessen, the thrill faded as Mosaic caught on. NCSA exerted more control over its development, and the existing Internet community lashed out at Mosaic. At a conference, Berners-Lee yelled at Andreessen, telling him that adding images to the Web was going to bring in a flood of new users who would do things like post photos of nude women.
“He was right,” Andreessen now says with a shrug.
- Who’s Mark Andreessen?
- Who’s Tim Berner’s Lee?
- What’s NCSA?
- What is Mosaic?
- What’s an <IMG> tag?
- Nude women? (mom, don’t follow this link): Kelly Brook (not safe for work)
- New Shirky! Social Software and the Politics of Groups — this is something I know about, as a List Founder
- Previous and Next links demystified
- More interesting San Diego Bloggers Links: 1 2 3
- More about Web Services
- Apple slowly rolling out GUI Scripting
Comments Open; Trackbacks Open: