- XML Inventor Tim Bray has a blog — so cool!
- Funny: Freedom Fries from the Soda Jerks
- Have you heard of The Plaster Casters? You just can’t make up stuff like that.
- Two for writers: TWG Interview: Nick Mamatas, and an oldie: A Workshop Lexicon
- New site from GoWestDesign: My Ethereal Image
- ‘Do Not Call’ is now a federal law
- How a War Became a Crusade, troubling article on the rhetoric of Providence, of Divine Mandates, with respects to the President
- I use htdig, but I’d like to take mnoGoSearch for a spin
- 32nd Critical Care Congress of the Society of Critical Care Medicine Mechanical Ventilation CME via vfth
- New Website: Nansy Phleger!
- FBI, Customs secretly seize Associated Press package — not the actions of a government of which I’m proud — NO WARRANT! — SHAME!
- ware: Airlines lowering bag weight limits to rake in fees — and more outrages
- George W Bush demands a standing ovation and controlled audiences
- blog-network – interesting
- Everything with ethernet, everything with a web server — Controller pushes Ethernet into everyday equipment — if everything (fridges, lightbulbs, books, cars, anything) is serving web pages, then I’ll never be out of work! Huzzah!
- My mailing list has been wonky lately. Bad vibes. I hope it will improve. I’m working to speak my mind about what is civil and what is uncivil discourse. Challenging.
- Work is going well. I learned about the RequestTimeout variable in ColdFusion. Essentially, if an action is going to take a long time, ColdFusion may time out and show an ugly error before it finishes. To obviate that happening, you can append to your url (in the case of a GET request, ?RequestTimeout=500 — which will give CF 500 seconds to finish. I need to learn more about these kind of situations – performance tuning of web applications in CF is a new part of my job. I like it.
- I think I have this: a tooth abscess — I’m seeing a dentist tomorrow — a short notice appointment
- There’s a party this weekend — Leah and her roommates are throwing a thing. I hope I’m up to it after the dentist.
- Still in a holding pattern on the car.
- Bill collectors have STOPPED CALLING. They love me again. How much you wanna bet they start sending me new cards again. VULTURES. *sigh* Of course, I got myself into this. So fun.
- I’ve finished 3 books in the past week. I’m not telling which ones, ’cause I have a few more to finish, and then I hope to write some book reviews.
- Birthday next week. 33 years old to be.
(…my tooth aches)
Comments Open; Trackbacks Open.