ArtLung: I am Joe Crawford. Welcome to my website circa July 2008. I am a web developer. I live in Moorpark, California, USA. I work in Los Angeles, and have lived elsewhere and done many surprising things. I put up the first ArtLung website 12 years ago, moved it to 10 years ago, nd I've been blogging for 7 years. I'm still learning, every day. Welcome.

September 15th, 2008

Whatsoever You Do

I was thinking of these lyrics the other day and wanted to find our more about them, they’re based on this passage from the New Testament’s Matthew 25:31-46. I have to say this is a pretty clear call to do good works on this planet. It’s a favorite song growing up Catholic.

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers;
That you do unto me.

When I was hungry, you gave me to eat;
When I was thirsty, you gave me to drink.
Now enter into the home of My Father.

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers;
That you do unto me.

When I was homeless, you opened your door;
When I was naked, you gave me your coat.
Now enter into the home of My Father.

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers;
That you do unto me.

When I was weary, you helped me find rest.
When I was anxious, you calmed all my fears.
Now enter into the home of My Father.

Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers
That you do unto me.

Comments: 21

September 15, 2008 7:18am

Awesome stuff. Thanks, Joe!

November 2, 2008 1:31pm

Thank you for the lyrics. Just letting you I used this song it this sunday in my catechism teaching. The children loved it.
take care, Maria

March 10, 2009 5:13pm

Thanks soo much!! I’ve been looking for that song everywhere! my Sunday school teacher taught a lesson about it and read the verse you included and then I told her about this song and she wanted me to find it for her though I forgot the name of it! then, thanks to you, I found it! so thanks again my teacher loved it!!!

April 16, 2009 8:46am

One of my favorites too. As a matter of fact, I am looking for a recording of this song to start up my witness for Christ Renews His Parish.

July 2, 2010 3:54am

Thank you. Will be using it coming sunday for a function in church.

July 11, 2010 1:43pm

Our homily at Mass yesterday was about the Good Samaritan & compassion for your fellow man. I knew when Father John read the gospel we would likely sing this song as our cantor is great at matching hymns to the homily. Sure enough, we sang it during Communion. Although I haven’t sang this song in 35 years, the words came out of my mouth like yesterday. A very comforting hymn from my youth growing up Catholic.

July 28, 2010 11:48am

Hey there
I am from Hong Kong and I have sung this song during my schooldays in a Catholic school.
I want to lead this song in my fellowship and I am looking for its score, do you have it?
The resources on web is very limited.
I do need your help !

Joe Crawford

July 28, 2010 11:56am

Bernice, I’m sorry, I have no idea about where you can find score.

July 28, 2010 12:04pm

it’s ok. but where did you find the lyrics?

Joe Crawford

July 28, 2010 12:16pm

Probably a search like this, just googling around.

judy meyer

August 9, 2010 1:43pm

I need a c.d. of this song for my retreat. I have looked everywhere…HELP!!!!

Joe Crawford

August 9, 2010 4:46pm

I am so sorry Judy, I don’t know where to get this song. :-(

August 10, 2010 1:08am

Hey, seems that there a quite a number of people looking for this song!! I think u can go to some Catholic bookstores. I have searched ‘catholic hymn whatsoever you do’ and got some results in Yahoo! Try it!

August 19, 2010 3:00am

I want audio file to be downloaded for this song [please] help [me].

October 4, 2010 4:18am

this song took to my childhood days

October 25, 2010 8:59am

please help me to find out the audio hymn.i searched it everywhere.but i couldnĀ“t find.someone please help me.

Joe Crawford

October 25, 2010 9:24am

There are versions inside iTunes Store and on the Amazon MP3 Store.

December 3, 2011 1:16am

I guess we all feel pretty much the same way – takes us back to when we were younger and more innocent, hearts more pure, how deeply this song touched us. Now we need to get back to that place – in our hearts, our minds, our homes, our communities and most of all our country!!! God Bless! You can find the score here!

Arlene Brien

June 15, 2012 10:18am

Hello, Thank you very much. I did not know where to find this quote in the Bible, I just knew I wanted it. I am going to make a poster for my kitchen!

June 18, 2012 9:00pm

I have selected this passage in Matt to include in a few parting words for the mother of my children. She passed ten days ago. so in my search for the exact verses, I encountered several sites that espouse the notion that The Master was only talking about doing good works unto his followers.

Clearly, those who cling to that mistake will be counted with the goats.

When your heart is open to Christ consciousness, it is automatic that all humans are His and our brethren and it does not matter what their beliefs are. They are all worthy of mercy, and there is no better form of mercy than to offer aid and solace to least of them. Often those who no one else will touch.

June 18, 2012 9:02pm

Oh, her name was Joanne Curry. She taught basic skills at the state prison.