It was 1978 when I first encountered it. It was in an arcade in the Philippines. I wish I could remember the other games in that arcade.
When I think about other games that have lingered in my psyche there’s only a few.
- 1981: Centipede I played at the 7-11 on Carol Sue Avenue in Gretna, Louisiana over and over.
- 1983: Tempest I played in a different arcade, also in Gretna. I remember the arcade was dark. I bought the single Pac-Man Fever at this same time. It was a heyday of videogames.
- 1995: Cybersled I played in Fullerton, California at the Brea Mall. That was when I moved back from Virginia to California. I used it to blow off steam when I was looking for work and finding my first place in Koreatown in Los Angeles.
- 1996: Virtual World Red Planet I played in Pasadena. And I also played a few times at the Virtual World in Las Vegas as well.
- 2000: Tekken 3 was a machine at Jamison/Gold in Marina Del Rey. The company had built websites for NAMCO and everyone at J/G could play at will. What an amazing time that was for me.
Thanks for reading.