ArtLung Posts tagged with bruce-sterling
- That felt good. (Jan 06, 2002)
In attempting to reinvigorate myself, the site, or both, the home page has been replaced with something like a splash page, and there’s a new header to match it here in the blog. I don’t know if it will stick, but it feels great to play. As Bruce Sterling exhorts: Follow Your Weird!
- I used to love making mix tapes… (Dec 10, 2001)
I used to love making mix tapes. From USA Today, an article about the history of, and decline of cassettes. I suppose CD burners will take over, but cassettes are a pretty robust technology. CDs certainly have not proven as resilient as they were promised – they skip, they go bad. I guess none of…
- Bruce Sterling with a brilliant speech on Geeks and Spooks (Dec 03, 2001)
Bruce Sterling with a brilliant speech on Geeks and Spooks
- I’ve got Bruce Sterling on the Brain … (Nov 28, 2001)
I’ve got Bruce Sterling on the Brain — here’s some big excerpts from CATSCAN 12: “Return to the Rue Jules Verne” These are the people who invented “la vie de Boheme.” They invented the lifestyle of the urban middle-class dropout art-gypsy. They invented its terminology and its tactics. They brought us the “succes de scandale,”…
- Bruce Sterling is blogging! Super-duper-cool! (Nov 27, 2001)
Bruce Sterling is blogging! Super-duper-cool!
- What now? Some possible answers from Bruce Sterling and others… (Oct 15, 2001)
What now? Some possible answers from Bruce Sterling and others. Worth a serious read.
- If ever there was an example of the problem with Dead Media (Aug 03, 2001)
If ever there was an example of the problem with Dead Media – ( Bruce Sterling’s essay about DM ) – it’s this one – where the original Viking data was in a data format which apparently nobody remembers anymore. That’s crazy! via Nettime. Archives here.
- Keeping a journal is a responsibility (Apr 25, 2001)
Keeping a journal is a responsibility, once you start it. But what does one do when there is precious little to share? I’m in transition now. Lots of irons in the fire. Things on my mind. Other people have things about to happen as well. The new Bruce Sterling interview in Locus indicates a new…
- Inspired from a posting to DigitalEve SanDiego… (Mar 29, 2001)
Inspired from a posting to DigitalEve SanDiego… I dredge up a wonderful speech from Bruce Sterling on “Wooing the Muse of the Odd” – it’s about pushing at boundaries and being unique. Design is not about limitations. It’s about possibility.
- Another late night following my bliss. (Mar 20, 2001)
Entered the Reddy Kilowatt Makeover contest – #02001.1 – a Viridian Design Contest. …Here’s the final result. Hey, I can do as I please, it’s my birthday.