ArtLung Posts tagged with funny
- Excellent Co-workers are Excellent. (Mar 10, 2014)
Last Friday some code I wrote finally got battle tested and was found wanting (read: it was not very good). And because of deployment processes I needed a co-worker to deploy it. Each time a new build of the software deployed my co-worker used an exclamation that it was complete that was colorful. (5:49:10 PM)…
- Stupid HTTP Status Jokes (Mar 03, 2014)
Questionable humor value. And yet, there I go. Giddy Up 409: Beach Boys Conflict #HttpResponseCodeCulture — Joe Crawford (@artlung) March 3, 2014 501 Jeans: Not Implemented #HttpResponseCodeCulture — Joe Crawford (@artlung) March 3, 2014 418 I'm a little teapot short and stout #HttpResponseCodeCulture — Joe Crawford (@artlung) March 3, 2014 400 Blows: Bad Request #HttpResponseCodeCulture…
- David Letterman Holding Records (Feb 02, 2012)
David Letterman Holding Records is a tumblr (read: blog) about David Letterman holding recods. Sublime.
- Star Wars: Uncut (Jan 21, 2012)
Star Wars Uncut: Director’s Cut. Star Wars ’77. Chunked into 15 second segments. Segments claimed by filmmakers, amatuers, animators, goofballs, and then the segments are reassembled into Star Wars. Certain people will find this beautiful, wonderful, incredible. I expect some people won’t be able to watch more than about 6 minutes. I watched the whole…
- Funky Monk (Jan 11, 2012)
Funky Monk, from Small Fry, a wonderful short that played before The Muppets, which Leah and I saw a while back.
- Jeff Tweedy sings “I Gotta Feeling” (Jan 08, 2012)
- My Specialty is Roofing (Dec 31, 2011)
(I did not make this)
- 2pac’s Pal on the 20x South Bus (Dec 17, 2011)
being a list of my tweets from last night THIS bus has a fellow claiming 2Pac as a friend and he’s alive. Arguing with fellow saying “Nig is DEAD.” They have opposing choruses too. Q:“Why you with a crazy girl?!” A:“Dude, I’m 36. She’s 21. She’s playing MY game.” This dialogue is GOLD. Mamet on…
- Intuitive Interface (Dec 15, 2011)
Although, the user appears to be disappointed in the results of using this skeumorphic* interface.
- “Sorry, reblog is not an acceptable word.” (Aug 26, 2011)
Yes, I tumblr individually and as a collective.
- RoboCop Valentine by Dresden Codak (Feb 14, 2011)
Crossposted to New City.
- Merry Christmas! (Dec 25, 2010)
Sure miss my Mom today, but the spirit of joy is alive and well. And it’s snowing like crazy today. Very Christmas-y. Also, footnote for this poster.
- Sabotage Video a la Galactica (Mar 19, 2010)
- Cloud computing described by Larry Ellison (Mar 05, 2010)
Apparently this “cloud” thing is made of computers, it’s not just water vapor. Funny video featuring Larry Ellison. via Daring Fireball
- Elna Baker on The Sound of Young America (Feb 12, 2010)
I’m married into a family of Latter-Day Saints, commonly known as Mormons, so when a person has that background comes into my other cultural interests I take note. Elna Baker is a comedian and writer who was pretty fun. Worth a listen. I’ve embedded this audio interview below: The Sound of Young America
- 30 Rock Appreciation (Feb 02, 2010)
I have now looked at everything on the (not-safe-for-work named) blank yeah liz lemon. I was laughing maniacally at this site. Why? I don’t know, it’s not like I’ve not seen the images and heard the lines spoken, still, I laughed. Two selections, they may not make you laugh if you don’t watch the show,…
- “I’m not like a regular mom, I’m a cool mom.” (Aug 22, 2009)
One of the funniest and most referenced lines by Leah and I from Mean Girls. I think we reference it to avoid the practice. It reminds me of one of my favorite Confucian dictums: “If I am walking with two other men, each of them I will serve as my teacher. I will pick out…
- Badly Drawn Roy (Jul 19, 2009)
I enjoyed this: via Cartoon Brew