ArtLung Posts tagged with funny
- Hate Driven Development (Jul 15, 2009)
Quote of the day, via rc3: I’ve used the term a few times, and now it’s time to officially coin it: Hate Driven Development. It’s when you come to hate working on something so much that it inspires a surge of productivity that leads to completion. Most projects that involve this methodology include a procrastination…
- Mastering the Art of Combat! (Jul 12, 2009)
I find Nobody Scores! inscrutable, which is often good, and sometims the flashes of brilliance crack me up!
- Seen and listened to (Apr 03, 2009)
Seen on my way to work today On back of a horse carrier: CAUTION SHOW HORSES Why the need to say “show” about the horses. Am I less likely to be cautious for regular horses? Messily spraypainted on a sign on an overpass: Ron Paul – The Next Thomas Jefferson” Listened to on my way…
- Because, you know, the Silver Age (Feb 17, 2009)
Sentence of the day, from Chris’s Invincible Super-Blog: Romance Special: The Time-Travel Heartbreak of Lois Lane. Anyway, Lois makes the connection that a device designed to stop planets from exploding might be useful in keeping the planet Krypton from exploding, so she gets a copy of the plans and grabs a time machine, a process…
- Does this “Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble: Songs of Mary Poppins” record qualify as a mashup? (Feb 12, 2009)
via the always excellent LP Cover Lover
- Super Mario Bros. in Puppet on Japanese TV (Jan 14, 2009)
- Sinfest Comic from 28 Dec 2008 (Jan 04, 2009)
I really liked this Sinfest comic, turning Buddha into the little drummer boy, drumming a Japanese style Taiko drum. I keep re-reading it and figured I should post a link:
- Lego Penrose Triangle (via B3ta) (Jan 03, 2009)
I want this kit! source: b3ta board What’s a Penrose Triangle?
- Steampunk Exoskeleton (Dec 31, 2008)
(Actually, it appears to be a hundred (give or take a few decades) year-old diving suit. Via rcs)
- “Them Bats is Smart, They Use Radar” (Dec 19, 2008)
So I bought a video encoder, pretty nice one, and this is my first capture. I need to tweak settings, and it would probably help if everything I wanted to capture was not 19 year old videotapes that have been stored in garages with poor climate control. Hah! Enjoy.
- Rocketry is the key to receiving The Holy Spirit? (Dec 03, 2008)
I love this album cover, found via LP Cover Lover: i wonder where that places Wernher von Braun or Goddard?
- “Friend Requests” (Nov 25, 2008)
- Oyez, Oyez, Oyez! (Nov 11, 2008)
Last night I saw this tweet: suebob: @QueenofSpain Is it “Here, here” or “Hear hear”? I really don’t know and have always wondered. I knew right off. One of my favorite things about having visited the Supreme Court was hearing that every session of the Court starts with this preamble: Oyez, Oyez, Oyez! All persons…
- Untitled, Really (Nov 10, 2008)
There’s something archetypal about this image I really like. It may be that it triggers me to think of the term “flimsy skirt” — which makes me think of this post: Shoe PhotoShop — which used to get a fair number of referrers for that phrase. Of course, that was six years ago. I might…
- Feeling like you can take it easy? (Oct 31, 2008)
- This is sometimes how I feel (Oct 28, 2008)
Awesome but awkward. via
- YOU BETCHA (Oct 22, 2008)
Genius from The Weasel King. References They Live.
- Senator Brad Esposito (Sep 19, 2008)