ArtLung Posts tagged with politics
- Memorial in Arizona (Jan 14, 2011)
Speech by President Obama.
- The Power of Graphic Design: Politics (Jan 11, 2011)
Sneak Preview of the Cover of The Stranger This Week, Created by Dan Savage and Aaron Huffman The power of graphic design to communicate sometimes rattles me to my core.
- Very frank talk on Conservative Media from a conservative (Mar 22, 2010)
Frank talk about the interests of governance vs. conservative media in David Frum: Waterloo: I’ve been on a soapbox for months now about the harm that our overheated talk is doing to us. Yes it mobilizes supporters – but by mobilizing them with hysterical accusations and pseudo-information, overheated talk has made it impossible for representatives…
- My President speaks at Arizona State University (May 16, 2009)
I like this guy.
- The future is unwritten (Nov 05, 2008)
The past, we have written down and we can reference it: Barack Obama. I like him. He seems to be a straight shooter with upper management written all over him. I like that I my spidey sense doesn’t tingle with “Plastic Robot!” when I watch him speak. I would like him to be President. About…
- I’m Tired of Politics (Nov 03, 2008)
But I can remind you to vote if you haven’t. I’ll be voting in the morning. Looking forward to it. Vote. Every vote counts, or at least it should, and it probably will. Update: I voted this morning. Got there 10 minutes early and there was already a line about 60 people long. Once the…
- Feeling like you can take it easy? (Oct 31, 2008)
- Negative Attack Ads Show You Have No Vision (Oct 31, 2008)
- California’s History of Miscegenation Laws (Oct 28, 2008)
1880: Miscegenation [Statute]Made it illegal for white persons to marry a "Negro, mulatto, or Mongolian." 1901: Miscegenation [Statute]The 1850 law prohibiting marriage between white persons and Negroes or mulattoes was amended, adding "Mongolian." 1909: Miscegenation [Statute]Persons of Japanese descent were added to the list of undesirable marriage partners of white Californians as noted in the…
- Senator Biden is now my Homeboy. (Oct 27, 2008)
via the inestimable tony pierce
- Stating Where It’s At (Oct 26, 2008)
Note: I wrote this in a text editor around October 2nd, nearly three weeks ago. I’m posting with only minor edits to what was in the text file. My latest contract is going very well technically, I’m enjoying using SilverStripe as well as jQuery day in and day out. It’s a pleasure to write OO PHP….
- That’s My Guy (Oct 23, 2008)
Image via boogah.
- Understanding Sarah Palin (Oct 22, 2008)
Like many people, I was perplexed Sarah Palin when John McCain chose her as his running mate. I am not impressed by her thoughts on policy issues. She can’t cite a newspaper or a magazine she’s ever read. She can’t name a Supreme Court decision. And yet, she didn’t do that bad in her debate…
- YOU BETCHA (Oct 22, 2008)
Genius from The Weasel King. References They Live.
- Unfit for Publication (Aug 19, 2008)
Lots of news about this jerk Jerome Corsi’s book these days. The rebuttal makes it clear that the book is idiotic. Excellent transparency, and fast response from the Obama campaign. Get the PDF of Unfit for Publication via this page on Time Magazine’s site.
- Latest Thomas Barnett Lecture (Aug 18, 2008)
Always enjoyable, and wonderful to see and hear how the brief has evolved. via his excellent blog, and the post The Latest and Greatest Brief
- No On Proposition 8 (Aug 18, 2008)
Fellow Californians, I believe this to be a sensible vote — please vote NO on Proposition 8. Thanks! And yes, as a matter of fact, I do have friends whose marriages would be affected by this. You can read more of the history in the wikipedia article same-sex marriage in California.
- Is John McCain Stupid? (Aug 03, 2008)
Daniel Henninger of none other than The Wall Street Journal, asks “Is John McCain Stupid” and basically comes up with the answer, “yes.” Sitting on beaches and wandering around the isle of Maui, I’m far removed from politics this week, but that headline caught my eye.