ArtLung posts tagged with videos
- “Thanks Clairemont Coffee Bean & Tea… for the wireless”
That was 7 years ago. That Coffee Bean & Tea is now closed. I drew that with Brushes on an iPod Touch. I see now that Brushes has since become free software. That’s pretty cool, I think. You can program on the thing yourself–just download the source from Github and go.
- Pottery, Craft and Suitability of Purpose
Via Joe Bennion, a potter who lives in Utah comes a video on YouTube. It’s a short (24 minute) film about Mike Dodd, a potter from Surrey in the UK. You can see Mike’s handiwork on modernpots.com, here. On some of the individual pieces, like this one, a short video with Dodd speaking about the…
- Dec 15, 2011Intuitive Interface
Although, the user appears to be disappointed in the results of using this skeumorphic* interface.
- Sat. Sketch.
This morning I was playing around with Brushes App on an iPod Touch. I just found out that the Brushes Viewer can export existing drawings at higher resolution, or even a stroke-by-stroke video. Play it below or watch it on Vimeo: Sat. Sketch..
- Oct 23, 2010Phyllis Singing Karaoke
She did not want to sing karaoke, she was pretty clear about that. So the crowd (which is to say her sisters and cousins and family) let her be. Then, after a while, she got up and sang a wee bit of Sinatra. That’s part of the spirit that has everyone remembering her and saying…
- Apr 10, 2010Malcolm McLaren is dead.
Most famous for being a rock empresario. For the Sex Pistols. For Punk theory. For Bow Wow Wow. Dead at age 64. He could be a lot of fun. Here’s Buffalo Gals, 1983: I don’t remember this video, or the nudity, but the song sounds like the 1980s to me. I always liked the song….
- Feb 07, 2010TED TALK: Tom Shannon
Leah, I think you will like this one.
- Feb 02, 2010“That’s trouble of some kind George.”
“That’s trouble of some kind George.” Challenger Explosion amateur video footage. Still breaks my heart.
- Jan 24, 2010People ages 1 to 100
Wonderful. People In Order: 1. Age from James Price on Vimeo.
- Jan 12, 2010“This is free genius tv advice.”
David Letterman comments on TV shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN6Q2YFFteQ
- Aug 12, 2009why the lucky stiff appears to be a person.
ART && CODE Symposium: Hackety Hack, why the lucky stiff from STUDIO for Creative Inquiry on Vimeo. hacketyhack.netwhytheluckystiff.netartandcode.ning.com why the lucky stiff (or _why) is a computer programmer. His best known work may be Why’s (poignant) Guide to Ruby, a book which teaches the Ruby programming language with stories; its eclectic style has been compared…
- Jul 19, 2009Badly Drawn Roy
I enjoyed this: via Cartoon Brew
- May 25, 2009Revealed: God, Pop Songs
White Man by The Michael Gungor Band via alliefab Four Chords by Axis of Awesome [note: some salty language] via kill ugly radio
- May 21, 2009Watch Jerk, then watch Chank
I prefer Chank.
- May 16, 2009My President speaks at Arizona State University
I like this guy.
- Dec 27, 2008Zappa in Rehearsal, 1973
Wonderful footage, beautiful sound: 1973-06-26 Sydney Frank Zappa, Rehearsel (sic):
- Dec 19, 2008“Them Bats is Smart, They Use Radar”
So I bought a video encoder, pretty nice one, and this is my first capture. I need to tweak settings, and it would probably help if everything I wanted to capture was not 19 year old videotapes that have been stored in garages with poor climate control. Hah! Enjoy.