ArtLung Posts tagged with videos
- “Thanks Clairemont Coffee Bean & Tea… for the wireless” (Mar 01, 2018)
That was 7 years ago. That Coffee Bean & Tea is now closed. I drew that with Brushes on an iPod Touch. I see now that Brushes has since become free software. That’s pretty cool, I think. You can program on the thing yourself–just download the source from Github and go.
- Pottery, Craft and Suitability of Purpose (Feb 05, 2012)
Via Joe Bennion, a potter who lives in Utah comes a video on YouTube. It’s a short (24 minute) film about Mike Dodd, a potter from Surrey in the UK. You can see Mike’s handiwork on modernpots.com, here. On some of the individual pieces, like this one, a short video with Dodd speaking about the…
- Jeff Tweedy sings “I Gotta Feeling” (Jan 08, 2012)
- Intuitive Interface (Dec 15, 2011)
Although, the user appears to be disappointed in the results of using this skeumorphic* interface.
- Sat. Sketch. (Feb 12, 2011)
This morning I was playing around with Brushes App on an iPod Touch. I just found out that the Brushes Viewer can export existing drawings at higher resolution, or even a stroke-by-stroke video. Play it below or watch it on Vimeo: Sat. Sketch..
- Phyllis Singing Karaoke (Oct 23, 2010)
She did not want to sing karaoke, she was pretty clear about that. So the crowd (which is to say her sisters and cousins and family) let her be. Then, after a while, she got up and sang a wee bit of Sinatra. That’s part of the spirit that has everyone remembering her and saying…
- Malcolm McLaren is dead. (Apr 10, 2010)
Most famous for being a rock empresario. For the Sex Pistols. For Punk theory. For Bow Wow Wow. Dead at age 64. He could be a lot of fun. Here’s Buffalo Gals, 1983: I don’t remember this video, or the nudity, but the song sounds like the 1980s to me. I always liked the song….
- TED TALK: Tom Shannon (Feb 07, 2010)
Leah, I think you will like this one.
- “That’s trouble of some kind George.” (Feb 02, 2010)
“That’s trouble of some kind George.” Challenger Explosion amateur video footage. Still breaks my heart.
- People ages 1 to 100 (Jan 24, 2010)
Wonderful. People In Order: 1. Age from James Price on Vimeo.
- “This is free genius tv advice.” (Jan 12, 2010)
David Letterman comments on TV shenanigans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN6Q2YFFteQ
- why the lucky stiff appears to be a person. (Aug 12, 2009)
ART && CODE Symposium: Hackety Hack, why the lucky stiff from STUDIO for Creative Inquiry on Vimeo. hacketyhack.netwhytheluckystiff.netartandcode.ning.com why the lucky stiff (or _why) is a computer programmer. His best known work may be Why’s (poignant) Guide to Ruby, a book which teaches the Ruby programming language with stories; its eclectic style has been compared…
- Badly Drawn Roy (Jul 19, 2009)
I enjoyed this: via Cartoon Brew
- Revealed: God, Pop Songs (May 25, 2009)
White Man by The Michael Gungor Band via alliefab Four Chords by Axis of Awesome [note: some salty language] via kill ugly radio
- Watch Jerk, then watch Chank (May 21, 2009)
I prefer Chank.
- My President speaks at Arizona State University (May 16, 2009)
I like this guy.
- Zappa in Rehearsal, 1973 (Dec 27, 2008)
Wonderful footage, beautiful sound: 1973-06-26 Sydney Frank Zappa, Rehearsel (sic):
- “Them Bats is Smart, They Use Radar” (Dec 19, 2008)
So I bought a video encoder, pretty nice one, and this is my first capture. I need to tweak settings, and it would probably help if everything I wanted to capture was not 19 year old videotapes that have been stored in garages with poor climate control. Hah! Enjoy.