I am a software developer who has worn most of the hats available in the software development lifecycle. I have worked to create original designs, as a frontend implementer of designs, as a developer responsible for implementing full stack applications, and worked to create APIs to be consumed by other developers from the backend. I communicate well: in person, in documents, and online. I have done documentation, and QA, assessments of accessibility and usability. I like to help create excellent software that helps people solve problems.
Web Developer at Slacker
September 2011 – May 2017 (5 years 9 months)
Slacker Radio is a streaming audio & music service. It serves individual user listeners & provides software as a service to integration partners (Samsung, Verizon, AOL, US Cellular, T-Mobile).
Responsibilities & Achievements
Primary Frontend Developer on ECommerce Team
- Built Samsung Milk Music single page app (SPA) to accept credit card & cellular carrier payments in mobile & browsers
- Built Verizon SPA for management of ringtone content
- Spearheaded U.S. Cellular year subscription promotion SPA
- Designed & developed T-Mobile Tuesdays promotion SPA
- Evaluated & updated legacy payment pages for augmentation and AB testing with new payment flows
- Coordinated with backend team on administrative APIs to produce management tools for internal
- & external use to allow staff to manage subscriptions, promotions for Slacker & partners
- Established standards for web beacons in Ecom SPAs to measure usage & effectiveness
- Standardized HTML practices to streamline QA Automation processes to test applications
Member of Webplayer Team
- Participated in ongoing maintenance & build of major version of webplayer
Primary WordPress Developer
- Built Slacker Blog WordPress theme
- Standardized, documented, maintained Atom XML grammar for consumption of featured content to be consumed by mobile & web platforms
- Customized WordPress backend to gather and publish featured content
- Independently developed Slacker Image API SPA to test Image Services deployments
- Led initial deployment of Slacker to the Roku Channel Store
- Wireframes with Balsamiq Mockups; graphics production with Adobe PhotoShop & Illustrator;
MooTools→jQuery; KnockoutJS; Bootstrap CSS; SASS & LESS CSS Preprocessors; Debugging
Android WebView, iOS NSWebViews, Microsoft Mobile Webvew with native developers; PHP;
Java Server Pages; build scripts with Apache Ant; build automation & continuous integration with
Apache Maven & Quickbuild; WordPress development with PHP
Contract Web Developer
October 2009 – January 2012 (2 years 4 months)
Developed multiple full stack web projects on a contract basis for a variety of client types:
independent film producers, webcomic creators, musicians, sports teams, learning management systems, web agencies, bloggers, fine artists.
Engineer III (Contractor) at Qualcomm
April 2011 – August 2011 (5 months)
Developed & iterated prototypes and implementations in the Qualcomm Internet Services Group.
Wireframing, programming, coordination with backend team.
Web Developer (Contractor) at Ziiva
August 2010 – January 2011 (6 months)
ColdFusion and related programming on Ziiva’s customizable Learning Management System (LMS).
PHP Programmer at Neopets
March 2009 – October 2009 (8 months)
Web Developer (Contractor) at BLT & Associates
December 2008 – March 2009 (4 months)
Programmed content management system to power Flash-based website. Used PHP5, MySQL,
Web Developer (Contractor) at Custom Sensors & Technologies (CST)
August 2008 – November 2008 (4 months)
Sole programmer-consultant to develop and deploy intranet for a multinational corporation using open source SilverStripe Content Management tool. I did customizations using object-oriented PHP and used jQuery to optimize user interface features.
Web Developer (Contractor) at Vivendi Games
March 2007 – July 2008 (1 year 5 months)
Flash, Graphic Design, Apache configuration, Drupal including custom module development, UBB, Python Programming, and Facebook Applications.
Jefferson College of Health Sciences
Associate of Science, Summa Cum Laude, Respiratory Care / Phi Theta Kappa, Outstanding Academic Achievement Award, Outstanding Clinical Achievement Award
San Diego City College
Java Programming, C++ Programming, General Education
Open Graph Protocol Tools WordPress Plugin
2010 – Present
Primary developer on a plugin to populate Open Graph metadata on WordPress pages.
Ongoing LAMP Web Hosting
2001 – Present
Initiated and maintain web hosting for multiple clients. Ongoing web hosting on the lamp stack keeps me current on web security and scaling issues.
Available upon request