I am a software developer who has worn most of the hats available in the software development lifecycle. I have worked to create original designs, as a frontend implementer of designs, as a developer responsible for implementing full stack applications, and worked to create APIs to be consumed by other developers from the backend. I communicate well: in person, in documents, and online. I have done documentation, and QA, assessments of accessibility and usability. I like to help create excellent software that helps people solve problems.
Software Engineer at Telcentris-Voxox
April 2019 – Currently
Software Engineer at Lawn Love
March 2018 – April 2019 (1 year 1 month)
Lawn Love is “Uber for Lawn Care.” My role as a software engineer entails working on the customer / lawn care provider / operations staff-facing home grown CRM for managing the Lawn Love marketplace. PHP / MySQL stack managed on AWS using OpsWorks. Frontend of vanilla JS / jQuery, Angular 1, KnockoutJS with backend of OO PHP. GitHub, Kanban, code review, Jira agile oriented process. Product development process oriented around low fidelity prototypes created in combinations of Balsamiq Mockups, MarvelApp, PhotoShop. Interface directly with all parts of the company to solve problems for company with fast growth profile.
Web Developer at Slacker
September 2011 – May 2017 (5 years 9 months)
Slacker Radio is a streaming audio & music service. It serves individual user listeners & provides software as a service to integration partners (Samsung, Verizon, AOL, US Cellular, T-Mobile).
Responsibilities & Achievements
Primary Frontend Developer on ECommerce Team
- Built Samsung Milk Music single page app (SPA) to accept credit card & cellular carrier payments in mobile & browsers
- Built Verizon SPA for management of ringtone content
- Spearheaded U.S. Cellular year subscription promotion SPA
- Designed & developed T-Mobile Tuesdays promotion SPA
- Evaluated & updated legacy payment pages for augmentation and AB testing with new payment flows
- Coordinated with backend team on administrative APIs to produce management tools for internal
- & external use to allow staff to manage subscriptions, promotions for Slacker & partners
- Established standards for web beacons in Ecom SPAs to measure usage & effectiveness
- Standardized HTML practices to streamline QA Automation processes to test applications
Member of Webplayer Team
- Participated in ongoing maintenance & build of major version of webplayer
Primary WordPress Developer
- Built Slacker Blog WordPress theme
- Standardized, documented, maintained Atom XML grammar for consumption of featured content to be consumed by mobile & web platforms
- Customized WordPress backend to gather and publish featured content
- Independently developed Slacker Image API SPA to test Image Services deployments
- Led initial deployment of Slacker to the Roku Channel Store
- Wireframes with Balsamiq Mockups; graphics production with Adobe PhotoShop & Illustrator;
MooTools→jQuery; KnockoutJS; Bootstrap CSS; SASS & LESS CSS Preprocessors; Debugging
Android WebView, iOS NSWebViews, Microsoft Mobile Webvew with native developers; PHP;
Java Server Pages; build scripts with Apache Ant; build automation & continuous integration with
Apache Maven & Quickbuild; WordPress development with PHP
Contract Web Developer
October 2009 – January 2012 (2 years 4 months)
Developed multiple full stack web projects on a contract basis for a variety of client types:
independent film producers, webcomic creators, musicians, sports teams, learning management systems, web agencies, bloggers, fine artists.
Engineer III (Contractor) at Qualcomm
April 2011 – August 2011 (5 months)
Developed & iterated prototypes and implementations in the Qualcomm Internet Services Group.
Wireframing, programming, coordination with backend team.
Web Developer (Contractor) at Ziiva
August 2010 – January 2011 (6 months)
ColdFusion and related programming on Ziiva’s customizable Learning Management System (LMS).
PHP Programmer at Neopets
March 2009 – October 2009 (8 months)
Web Developer (Contractor) at BLT & Associates
December 2008 – March 2009 (4 months)
Programmed content management system to power Flash-based website. Used PHP5, MySQL,
Web Developer (Contractor) at Custom Sensors & Technologies (CST)
August 2008 – November 2008 (4 months)
Sole programmer-consultant to develop and deploy intranet for a multinational corporation using open source SilverStripe Content Management tool. I did customizations using object-oriented PHP and used jQuery to optimize user interface features.
Web Developer (Contractor) at Vivendi Games
March 2007 – July 2008 (1 year 5 months)
Flash, Graphic Design, Apache configuration, Drupal including custom module development, UBB, Python Programming, and Facebook Applications.
Jefferson College of Health Sciences
Associate of Science, Summa Cum Laude, Respiratory Care / Phi Theta Kappa, Outstanding Academic Achievement Award, Outstanding Clinical Achievement Award
San Diego City College
Java Programming, C++ Programming, General Education
Open Graph Protocol Tools WordPress Plugin
2010 – Present
Primary developer on a plugin to populate Open Graph metadata on WordPress pages.
Ongoing LAMP Web Hosting
2001 – Present
Initiated and maintain web hosting for multiple clients. Ongoing web hosting on the lamp stack keeps me current on web security and scaling issues.
Available upon request