ArtLung posts tagged with san-diego
- Inspiring talk this morning by @rizzhel.javier this morning at @creativemornings_sd — my #sketchnotes on her passionate exhortation to “tell your story” and how she inspires others as an educator and an artist in #sandiego—her projects include @bridge_org @peopleandplacesproject @theajaproject @littlesaigonstories @reelvoices — so much excellent stuff I vibe with—multiple identities, being a military brat, having your dad be gone a lot, feeling connected to artifacts and photos and letters. I’m so glad I attended this morning. #representation #pinoy #tellyourstory
- Anyone can be a forensic photographic investigator.
We have at our fingertips research tools and technology that are stunning. This is of course not new. The future is rather well distributed to people with a certain amount of cashflow and some computer tools. I participate in a Facebook group about old things in San Diego. Someone posted this photo from 1965, asking…
- An inspiring morning at the downtown @sdpl with @SanDiego_CM1 — speaker @jaybuys of @ThisIsVisceral talking about balancing profit and purpose. #cmsandiego #CreativeMornings #SanDiego #sketchnotes
An inspiring morning at the downtown @sdpl with @SanDiego_CM1 — speaker @jaybuys of @ThisIsVisceral talking about balancing profit and purpose. #cmsandiego #CreativeMornings #SanDiego #sketchnotes pic.twitter.com/8C4R99G3l7 — Joe Crawford (@artlung) February 22, 2019
- Today’s (well, July 2017) drawing practice.
Today’s drawing practice: taking an old drawing from 1988 or so and remaking it digitally. It was rare back then for me to draw from life and be happy with the result. I was impatient and hyper-self-critical. The source for this one was an exception. This drawing is of a pal of mine from way…
- Aug 17, 2015Italian Latency
Went to beach with Leah for the sunset. And looking, as I do, approachable, plus looking like I know my way around mass transit, random tourist humbly asks my help with the bus. He’s got the 8/9 bus schedule with highlighter marks on it. He’s a bit confused, and has a bit of an accent….
- AngularJS on jsfiddle.
It’s pretty astonishingly easy to play with AngularJS with jsfiddle. Last night I went to the North County AngularJS Discussion Group / sandiegojs group at WalmartLabs here in San Diego. Smallish but impressive space.
- Dec 17, 20112pac’s Pal on the 20x South Bus
being a list of my tweets from last night THIS bus has a fellow claiming 2Pac as a friend and he’s alive. Arguing with fellow saying “Nig is DEAD.” They have opposing choruses too. Q:“Why you with a crazy girl?!” A:“Dude, I’m 36. She’s 21. She’s playing MY game.” This dialogue is GOLD. Mamet on…
- Everybody’s going surfing
Water temperature is 62°F (16.7°C). A very nearly perfect break for me. Next: back to life, back to reality. Also: catch a wave and you’re sitting on top of the world. Related: Charlie don’t surf. However: I bodysurf at the beaches and swim at the cove. This ocean, this coast, this birthright of the citizens…
- Ray at Night and Other Delights
On Saturday night Leah, Alexandra, Tamara Leeper and I went out to Ray at Night, an art walk on Ray Street here in San Diego. I mentioned attending Ray at Night in 2003, but I’m not totally sure what year I first went. They’ve been putting it on for almost 10 years. Before we went…
- Paul M Bowers
In this post from 8 years ago, I mention Paul M Bowers, a photographer that was around the corner from us at AVENCOM in San Diego. He took many of our photos. I thought I’d check out his site, http://www.paulmbowers.com/, and see how it had changed. I’m actually sort of delighted that it is the…
- Jan 02, 2009Renaming
I have this concept of a post where in an Andy Rooney-esqe manner I complain about things that get renamed. But really I’m not complaining so much as I think of things with their original name. Some examples of this are: The Del Mar Fair has been renamed “The San Diego Fair” and calling it…
- May 02, 2008Sickish. Misckish.
Still feverish. Nasal congestion ahoy! Cough productive now. I would rather <i>move</i> than be sick right now. That’s pretty bad. Some miscellaneous items for you: Hindsight is 20/20: quotes about Iraq from before we started: Voices: The Quotes That Sent Us To War. My favorite: “Having defeated and then occupied Iraq, democratizing the country should…
- Dec 28, 2007Video Killed The Radio Star
Something I missed not being in San Diego. Excellent, inspiring, beautiful cover of the one-hit-wonder. The date on the YouTube video is 2006. The band “The Wrong Trousers” is active on their myspace: http://www.thewrongtrousersband.com/. via Waxy, where many good things come from
- Oct 25, 2007Where There’s a Misc There’s a Way
The language in this is not safe for work, but the sentiments are important: How to Irritate and Annoy People in the Name of Blogging A lot of people I know or know of are blogging about the fires in San Diego: Sassy, JeSais, MAS, MissEwon, Chuck, and Geoff. Also, people I haven’t met: Raph…
- Smokey Sky above Moorpark
Fires to the northwest, northeast, to the southeast. We get smoke, everything smells of smoke. No school closings tomorrow, says Moorpark Unified School District. It all reminds me of the fires in San Diego back in 2003.