You might know me from San Diego. Or Los Angeles, or Ventura County, or Virginia, or the Philippinessee also. Have we worked together–in tech or in a hospital when I was a respiratory therapist? Maybe we met at a drink-and-draw or sketch party? Perhaps you read a comic of mine in a Burn All Books anthology? Or maybe you know me from the beach, which I visit often. Or a convention (was I sketchnoting? Comic-Con? XOXO pre-pandemic? Long ago at a BarCamp?) Whatever reason, welcome! There’s more here than you can read in one sitting. Here’s even more about me:
I am a programmer by trade. Here’s some of my writing about programming. Some of my work is on GitHub. This website is a work in progress and features a hand-rolled WordPress theme. I use phpStorm and VSCode for most of my work. You can read more about the background of this site at the colophon. My resume is here.
- I can never remember the name of GitPrime which is now Pluralsight Flow
- Hard Drive Cleaning: C++ Programming ’04
- Spielberg’s Films by year of release vs year set
I collect toy robots.
- New Bot Day! This nameless “Fembot” is from The Bionic Woman (1976-78). The tv show is a spinoff to similar series The Six Million Dollar Man. Lindsay Wagner stars as Jaime Sommers: a smart, beautiful, super-powered cyborg woman who goes on mission for government agency OSI. Fembots are the creation of the evil Dr. Franklin, who once worked for OSI. Jaime defeated many Fembots over the course of the series. This one has had “her” face ripped off, exposing the reality of her robot-ness!
- New Bot Day! Grace (aka Mom) is the robot mother and caretaker to the superpowered kids of the Umbrella Academy. “Mom” assists their father and taskmaster Sir Reginald Hargreeves in his many mysterious endeavours. First appearing in comics in 2007; she’s a vivid, loving and ultimately tragic character portrayed by Jordan Claire Robbins in the 2019+ Netflix series. I’m looking forward to Season 3 this Summer.
- New Bot Day! This Bumblebee (Nendoroid edition) was a Christmas gift, behind that is a beautiful book on the history of surfing which was a birthday gift! Thank you @hellokellykuhl!
I make comics. One made it into a literary journal. Do you want to do an art trade or buy a Riso print of mine? I have stickers too.
- Drop it like it’s bivalve. #webcomic #gull #beach
- Literary Journal: Chiricú Journal
- I would prefer not to, aaugh! #cubecat #4thwall #webcomic #inktober #inktober2021 #thankyousparky
I love the ocean. I always have. I swim and bodysurf. #stoke
- Last light, home beach #stoke
- SF and waveriding? I enjoy.
- keep coming back — it works if you work it #stoke
There’s thousands of posts here. Some were imported from blogger, some from del.icio.us, many from Instagram, some are just lists of links, some are longer reflections on life. If you’re determined to read you might start with what has been most commented upon. Here’s the the Colophon. Enjoy!