You might know me from San Diego. Or Los Angeles, or Ventura County, or Virginia, or the Philippinessee also. Have we worked together–in tech or in a hospital when I was a respiratory therapist? Maybe we met at a drink-and-draw or sketch party? Perhaps you read a comic of mine in a Burn All Books anthology? Or maybe you know me from the beach, which I visit often, usually bodysurfing. Or a convention (was I sketchnoting? Comic-Con? XOXO? Long ago at a BarCamp? Maybe a long time ago you heard me on the radio.) Whatever reason, welcome! There’s more here than you can read in one sitting. Here’s even more about me:
I am a programmer by trade. Here’s some of my writing about programming. Some of my work is on GitHub. This website is a work in progress and features a hand-rolled WordPress theme. I use phpStorm and VSCode for most of my work. You can read more about the background of this site at the colophon. My resume is here.
- Thumbnails for my multipage comics
- Foursquare / Swarm to my own site, #indieweb style
- Programming graphics on the TI-99/4a
I collect toy robots.
- New Bot Day! Welcome Ghost Eyes! A katana-wielding robot created by @day_toner as a variant of his Master 9 Eyes. A lovely gift from @hellokellykuhl!
- New Bot Day! I acquired this push button puppet bot at a thrift mall in Chicago. Super charming artifact. Maybe from the 60s. 1900s, anyway. It says “I’m Robot No. 3991” made by the Kohner Brothers. Great boxy design with classic right angles, rivets. Welcome Robot!
- New Bot Day! Sox is a robot cat who first appeared in 2022’s Lightyear. Sox is a personal companion bot issued to Buzz by Star Command. Welcome Sox!
I make comics. One made it into a literary journal. Do you want to do an art trade or buy a Riso print of mine? I have stickers too.
- Surrounded. Diary #webcomic
- “GEMINI” first appeared as a single page 2 color #Riso comic in Sundays Quarterly #2 from @burn_all_books #2019comic #sundaysquarterly #webcomic
- spite swimming | sanity swimming (2022 – 2023)
I love the ocean. I always have. I swim and bodysurf. #stoke
- After a hiatus of waveriding, back at it. I used an app called Dawn Patrol. My fastest wave was 15mph, longest ride was 104 feet, and best wave time was 15 seconds. #stoke
- Best day out in a long time. Lefts. Rights. A spin move. Blacks Beach. The weather will arrive soon.
- 3rd time at Blacks
There’s thousands of posts here. Some were imported from blogger, some from del.icio.us, many from Instagram, some are just lists of links, some are longer reflections on life. If you’re determined to read you might start with what has been most commented upon. Here’s the Colophon. Enjoy!