Another Brain Dump! Various News Relevant to Me, and Maybe You? Small Personal Note
- San Diego has a new Python Group
- Rafe Colburn, Danny Ayers, and Scott Janssens linked to my Flash Mind Reader Debunk page Thanks!
- Go read World of Ends – right up there with The Cluetrain Manifesto
- New San Diego Bloggers URL: sandiegobloggers.com
- Book review of a book about the anthropological roots of religion
- Fitt’s Law is a robust model of human psychomotor behavior developed in 1954. The model is based on time and distance. It enables the prediction of human movement and human motion based on rapid, aimed movement, not drawing or writing.It seems intuitive that movement time would be affected by the distance moved and the precision demanded by the size of the target to which one is moving. Fitts discovered that movement time was a logarithmic function of distance when target size was held constant, and that movement time was also a logarithmic function of target size when distance was held constant. Mathematically, Fitts’ law is stated as follows:
- Go Roger Ebert!: Public prayer fanatics borrow page from enemy’s script
- about the .local domain on OSX
- Three analyses of Sapphire Worm: 1 2 3
- Four random interesting links to San Diego Bloggers: 1 2 3 4
- Buy me something, if you want. This had been a broken link. Thanks Albert! for catching it!
- I’ve played with this, it works, and I don’t want to forget the url: OpenBook: a PHP/MySQL guestbook
- I still haven’t tried WiFi/Mac sniffing tool KisMac
- Red Herring co-founder’s comments on Red Herring’s closure
- Another tool I want to use on a project: htmlArea
The weather is perfect today in San Diego. I’m so chilled out. I feel good. Leah is at Church. I am working on email and laundry and my various projects. It’s a lovely day all around. I’ve decided to hold off on a decision about a new car. There’s no rush, I have my bus pass. I’m still getting my financial house in order before any purchase. My folks have helped me out, and I’m holding that in escrow before I make a decision. I’m trying to be the best I can be. There’s no rush, and things are good.