December, 2016: 30 posts.
- Calling everyone who shoots something a terrorist is an error.
- Calling every protester a rioter is an error.
- Calling all news you don’t understand or don’t agree with or has error or is propaganda “fake news” is an error.
- Calling every politician crooked is an error.
- Calling every news outlet “mainstream media” is an error.
- Calling every reporter biased is an error.
- There are differences between things, use the words that are the most correct.
- Learn to make judgments about what judgments you make.
- And accept that you will make errors. Accept those errors with as much graciousness as you can muster.
- And listen carefully to those who disagree with you.
- And defend what needs defending. Because there are absolutely fundamental rights that must be defended.
Drain: cause the water or other liquid in (something) to run out, leaving it empty, dry, or drier.
Dredge: clean out the bed of (a harbor, river, or other area of water) by scooping out mud, weeds, and rubbish.
Given the folks he’s put in his cabinet, maybe he does mean drain – he’s draining the water which might otherwise clean the swap, leaving only the mud, weeds, and rubbish.