I am sitting at the Homebrew Computer Club meeting of San Diego and we are in the portion of the meeting where we presumably would actually blog. I generally loathe the meta-commentary blog (e.g. I am sorry for not blogging more, I am thinking of quitting blogging, does anyone even read this) but this inspirational meeting led by the estimable gRegor seems a good excuse for it.
Part of this meetup being monthly is that I can talk about the various things that have happened in the month since we last met. And it turns out quite a rather lot of things have happened! Let’s list a few of them out, shall we?
- A New Header! I used to do these all the time, but they have diminished in frequency. I’ve been using that image of ARTLUNG as part of my signature in the comics I’ve worked on as well. So time to do that.
- Christmas! was a lovely time. Time with family!
- New Year’s Day! Which was lovely but I failed to do the Penguin Plunge owing to timing and parking issues. But perhaps next year!
- Comics! My fourth piece for Burn All Books came out as part of their Sundays Quarterly work. I have also put up the work I did last year for them on Gumroad.
- Divorce! Yes, my divorce from Leah was final as of the first week of 2020. What I wrote on instagram was: “Happy Divorce Day to me and Leah. 15 years, 14 days. It is impossible to encapsulate all I learned from and with Leah. I would not take it back. I remain very lucky and am happy to call her a friend. A+”
- Wrote another comic, in a new format. I fully intend to experiment more with shorter form comics as well as longer form comics in the coming years.
- This weekend I’ll be attending UXCampDC which I’ve enjoyed twice in the past. I also get to see family when I go back east like that.